Taking the Right Precautions
If you find yourself in an area which may become affected by a wildfire and / or its smoke, it may be tempting to stay in your property to combat damage. However, it’s vital to remember that your safety, and those of your loved ones and pets, has to come first.
Take any essentials you may need and leave the property together, taking the safest route possible. Depending on the wildfire’s path, your home or business may well avoid the worst of it, enabling you to move back in in only a few days.
However, regardless of the amount of damage you believe your home or business site may suffer, you can take certain steps to reduce the effects. Some of them may be more obvious than others, but they can all contribute:
- Move any combustible objects or materials away from the outside of the property; anything which may ignite or be flammable only adds to the danger posed.
- Keep every window and door shut, to combat smoke and soot penetrating the property as much as you can.
- Be sure that any external furniture is either covered or moved inside, to try to stop them becoming damaged; outdoor furniture can contribute to the overall cost of replacing goods.
- Avoid throwing damaged items away, as some may be able to be repaired or cleaned.
- Switch off your air conditioning systems.
911 Remediation uses eco-friendly cleaning machinery in our fire and smoke restoration work, such as deodorizing organic tools especially made for these jobs, as well as ozone generators. We endeavor to work around the clock to achieve the best results for your property, restoring it to a habitable condition.
The recent wildfires have reminded the world (if any reminders were needed) that such natural events can be incredibly costly to combat, considering lost lives, destroyed habitat, and money. For people who live and work in area at risk of wildfires, taking whatever steps you can to reduce the impact they have on your property is key.
However, there are only so many precautions you can take. Wildfires leave their mark on properties of all kinds, of all sizes, whether burning them to the ground or inflicting smoke damage. Provided they are still safe to enter and undertake work upon, houses and business properties can be improved through fire and smoke restoration services.
If your home or business premises has been damaged by fire and / or smoke, you can trust 911 Remediation to help put things right. Our team is experienced using the latest equipment and working around the clock, in properties of all kinds. Our eco-friendly working methods are kind to the environment too.
You can call us in emergency situations on 1-888-989-0911, and we’ll do whatever we can!